Modern employment legislation and good HR practice is a minefield for businesses. Much valuable management time can be lost in dealing with people problems – often those caused by a lack of knowledge and expertise on the part of Managers. Many businesses cannot afford the expense of a full-time HR professional but would benefit from external advice and support with personnel issues and practices.
I am a capable HR practioner with over 25 years’ hands-on experience in the Private Sector. Much of this experience has been gained in the Publishing Industry, where I was Personnel Manager, and subsequently Personnel Director, of a large Publishing Group employing approximately 1,500 staff in the UK. I have wide-ranging experience of most HR issues and a particularly strong track record of achievement in the following areas:
- Industrial and Employee Relations, including leading negotiations with recognised Trade Unions
- Identifying, recruiting and developing high-potential employees
- Handling the HR aspects of major Acquisitions and Disposals, including Due Diligence, Communication and the Integration of a new workforce
- Resolving sensitive People Issues
- Redundancy Programmes
- Advising on legal and other aspects of Employment Practice
- Personnel and Payroll Administration
I can help you either to resolve a specific problem, or to act as a regularly available resource, particularly if you cannot afford a full-time HR presence. There are few scenarios that I haven’t faced at one time or another, and this experience means that I can provide effective and pragmatic solutions to your People issues.
I can also train your Managers to anticipate and identify common Personnel problems thus preventing such situations from escalating out of control.
Want to know more? Contact me to arrange a no-obligation meeting.